What is Naturopathic Medicine?
Naturopathic medicine is an integrative, holistic approach to healthcare that focuses on strengthening, supporting, and enhancing the body’s ability to regain and maintain health. Naturopathic medicine seeks to treat the whole person (physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual factors), address the causes of disease, and focus on prevention and wellness.
What are the tools/medicines used in Naturopathic Medicine?
- Lifestyle counseling (nutrition, exercise, sleep, stress management)
- Vitamin/mineral supplements
- Herbal (plant) medicine
- Energetic medicines (homeopathy, flower essences, cell salts)
- Pharmaceutical drugs (when needed)
What can Naturopathic Medicine treat?
- Cardiovascular disease (e.g. high blood pressure, high cholesterol, varicose veins, etc.)
- Digestive problems (e.g. gas/bloating, heartburn/reflux, abdominal pain, cramping, nausea, diarrhea, constipation, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Crohn's, Ulcerative Colitis, Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth, gall bladder problems, liver disease, etc.)
- Endocrine disease (e.g. thyroid disease, diabetes, etc.)
- Gynecological problems (e.g. PMS, menopausal symptoms, etc.)
- Immune related problems (e.g. autoimmune disease, chronic infections, low immunity, etc.)
- Musculoskeletal problems (e.g. chronic pain, fibromyalgia, arthritis, gout, etc.)
- Mental health disorders (e.g. anxiety, depression, bipolar disorder, ADHD/ADD, PTSD/trauma, addiction recovery support, etc.)
- Neurological problems (e.g. headaches/migraines, nerve pain, memory problems, Alzheimer's disease, dementia, Parkinson's, Multiple Sclerosis, etc.)
- Respiratory conditions (e.g. allergies, cold/flus, sinusitis, asthma, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, etc.)
- Skin conditions (e.g. herpes, eczema, psoriasis, acne, etc.)
- Stress/fatigue/sleep problems