Reports to: HR Manager
Hours: .75 FTE (30 hours per week)
Location: QC – Multnomah; Burnside
If you want to make a difference in the well-being of our community and are passionate in supporting the people and culture of a wellness organization, we want to hear from you! This is also a great opportunity to work with an HR professional, develop people and culture skills, or work toward HR certification.
ABOUT QUEST CENTER FOR INTEGRATIVE HEALTH:
Quest Center is a nonprofit healthcare clinic that provides multidisciplinary and integrative healthcare in a community-based setting to all people, regardless of income. We are licensed by the state of Oregon as a mental health and substance abuse program. We believe that people thrive when their physical, emotional, spiritual, and social needs are effectively met. We work to assist our clients to sustain lifestyle changes that support healing and to effectively strengthen those diagnosed with chronic or life-challenging illnesses, including HIV/AIDS, mental health, disorders, chemical dependency and cancer. Quest is also proud to be recognized for our service delivery to the LGBTQ+ community.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The HR Assistant position is a nonexempt position is a key member of the Human Resources team by providing daily support in the following areas: benefits, onboarding and off-boarding, leave management, performance management, trainings, HRIS system, and maintains records. A successful candidate is a high level communicator with excellent discernment who upholds confidentiality and diplomacy while seamlessly managing multiple tasks within a dynamic environment.
This job description is subject to change at any time; other duties may be assigned, expanded or reduced by management to meet the business needs of the center.
- Provides support with benefits administration including: medical / dental, retirement plan, voluntary and short term disability benefits; submits enrollment changes; acts as first point of contact for employee questions or issues
- Creates and maintains personnel files and HR records; coordinates status changes with managers and payroll staff
- Maintains and updates personnel information, including: job descriptions, status and eligibility changes, performance review schedule
- Assists with administering and tracking leave (OFLA/FMLA, ADA, WC),
- Posts job announcements, tracks applicants, assesses results
- Assists with recruitment and hiring, as needed
- Onboards new staff and prepares new hire packets; coordinates 30/60-day check in meetings for new hires; assists with the processing of terminations and exit interviews
- Assesses the need for volunteers and interns to enhance service and program delivery; identifies assignments and organizes the placement of volunteers and interns
- Assists HR Manager with the planning and implementation of staff trainings and events
- Performs background checks and conducts I-9 verifications; maintains current documentation
- Assists with employee HR-related questions; redirects as appropriate based on policy or performance /conduct escalations
- Maintains accuracy in the HRIS; generates reports; resolves systems problems that arise; acts as first point of contact for employee questions or issues
- Assists with payroll and time card reviews
- Assists in drafting offer letters, job descriptions, and staff-wide communications
- Assists in the development or updating of personnel policies and procedures
- Works with the HR Manager to develop and assess Quest’s on-going diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives, as well as employee engagement / morale initiatives.
- Assists HR Manager with administrative tasks and various research or special projects
- Other various tasks, as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in a designated HR role
- Bachelors degree, HR education or nonprofit experience preferred
- Familiarity or experience in volunteer programs, a plus
- Computer skills: Word and Excel knowledge required; Google Apps preferred
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal and written
- Professional and people-oriented demeanor; cultural competence required
- Highly organized and proven track record with successfully completing multiple assignments and shifting priorities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, professional boundaries and diplomacy a must
- Familiarity with employment laws, including OFLA/FMLA, ADA, FLSA, WC, required
- Ability to remain in a stationary position on a regular basis, operate a computer and other office basic equipment; occasionally twist, bend and move up to 25 pounds
Competitive hourly rate commensurate with experience; comprehensive benefits package including: medical (with vision and alternative care) / dental insurance with 75% employer paid premiums; generous paid vacation and PTO; access to EAP services; voluntary Life and LTD benefits; and a 403(b) retirement plan.
Send a resume; cover letter; and 2 professional references to with HR Assistant / Associate in the subject heading. Tell us what interests you about Human Resources and why you would like to work at Quest Center. We will not accept phone calls regarding this posting.
***Quest Center for Integrative Health is an equal opportunity employer.