Reports to: Director of Behavioral Health
Employment Type: .5FTE (20 hours per work) with flexible hours
Classification Status: Hourly, nonexempt
Location: Multnomah County – Flanders St. location
About Quest Center for Integrative Health
Quest Center is a nonprofit healthcare clinic that provides multidisciplinary and integrative healthcare in a community-based setting to all people, regardless of income. We are licensed by the state of Oregon as a mental health and substance abuse program. We believe that people thrive when their physical, emotional, spiritual, and social needs are effectively met.
We work to assist our clients to sustain lifestyle changes that support healing, and to effectively strengthen those diagnosed with chronic or life-challenging illnesses, including HIV/AIDS, mental health disorders, chemical dependency, cancer, and pain. We are proud to be recognized for our service delivery to the LGBTQIA2S+ community.
About the Position
We are seeking a Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor to provide services to members of our Quest community in our Multnomah County location. A competitive candidate has strong boundaries and a clear understanding of structure and accountability to work 20 hours per week with our addictions recovery team.
- Work as a collaborative member of an integrated team to serve culturally diverse community members in the Multnomah County area
- Complete a comprehensive assessment, needs evaluations and service plan for all individuals entering addiction services in our program
- Maintaining precise and accurate client records. Complete chart notes for client encounters and submit all program paperwork in a professional, timely manner
- Utilizing knowledge of a variety of therapeutic models to understand and plan intervention strategies for a diverse community of individuals
- Using evidenced based interventions based on individual’s response to treatment
- Utilize cultural competency, active listening, and motivational interviewing skills to assist clients in reaching their treatment goals.
- Establish relationships with local agencies for an efficient referral process.
- Collaborate with local agencies to coordinate services.
- Work closely with internal and local Certified Recovery Mentors to maximize the quality of community service
- Attend regular clinical supervision and team meetings
- Facilitating regular urine toxicology testing
- Implement program services and protocols
- Perform other duties as assigned/needed
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Requires current CADC 1 or equivalent National Certification
- If candidate identifies as being in recovery from substances a minimum of 2 years sobriety is required
- Familiarity with substance abuse and mental health resources/programs in the Multnomah County area
- Ability to manage time and meet deadlines
- Basic computer and keyboard proficiency using Microsoft Office software
- To be culturally conscious and work with a diverse caseload
- Ability to work collaboratively as a team member as well as independently
- Ability to maintain accurate records and necessary paperwork
- Ability to follow both written and verbal direction
- Must adhere to agency’s non-discrimination policies
Competitive hourly rate, and a comprehensive benefits package including: pro-rated medical (with vision and alternative care) / pro-rated dental insurance; pro-rated paid vacation and PTO; access to EAP services; and a 403(b) retirement plan.
Please submit a cover letter explaining your interest in Quest Center, along with your current resume and 2-3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, reference “CADC Applicant.” We are unable to accept telephone inquiries regarding this position.
***Quest Center for Integrative Health is an equal opportunity employer***