MENTAL HEALTH CASE MANAGER
Reports To: Director of Behavioral Health
Hours: 1 FTE (40 hours per week)
Salary: DOE, generous benefits including medical /dental/ paid time off / 403b plan
Location: Quest Center, 2901 E Burnside St., Portland OR 97214
ABOUT QUEST CENTER FOR INTEGRATIVE HEALTH:
Quest Center is a nonprofit healthcare clinic that provides multidisciplinary and integrative healthcare in a community-based setting to all people, regardless of income. We are licensed by the state of Oregon as a mental health and substance abuse program. We believe that people thrive when their physical, emotional, spiritual, and social needs are effectively met.
We work to assist our clients to sustain lifestyle changes that support healing, and to effectively strengthen those diagnosed with chronic or life-challenging illnesses, including HIV/AIDS, mental health disorders, chemical dependency, and cancer. We are proud to be recognized for our service delivery to the LGBTQ+ community.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
This person in this position is responsible for managing and assisting navigating service and coordinating care for LGBTQ patients receiving services in our Behavioral Health Program. Also, aiding in developing resources for patients is a primary goal of this position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Facilitate skill-based groups
- Regular interaction with patients
- Assist in navigating internal and external resources for patients
- Create regular reports identifying client engagement and barriers
- Document patient encounter
- Carry full caseload of case management clients
- Adhere to all state and federal rules as well as Quest policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Basic knowledge of chronic and acute pain as well as addiction
- Knowledge of community resources in Multnomah County
- Ability to work independently as well as a team member
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing
- Ability to maintain professional boundaries with patients
- Ability to manage time and meet deadlines
- Detailed oriented; ability to maintain accurate records
- Ability to appropriately advocate
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with community members
- Experience working with marginalized populations.
- Basic knowledge of chronic/Acute pain, chemical dependency, mental health issues
- If a recovering chemically dependent person, a minimum of 2 years sobriety is required
- Experience or familiarity using computers for basic functions (data entry, word processing)
- Must pass DHS background check
- Must adhere to agency’s non-discrimination policies
- Ability to effectively interact with co-workers, and residents/program participants with diverse backgrounds, religious views, political affiliation, cultural backgrounds, lifestyles, and sexual orientations and treat everyone with respect and dignity.
- Minimum of 2 years working in the field
Competitive salary rate, and a comprehensive benefits package including: full medical (with vision and alternative care) / dental insurance; short-term disability insurance; generous paid vacation and PTO; access to EAP services; and a 403(b) retirement plan.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email cover letter, resume and 3 professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use “Mental Health Case Manager” in the subject line.
We are unable to accept telephone inquiries regarding this position.
***Quest Center for Integrative Health is an equal opportunity employer***