WELLNESS PEER MENTOR
Reports to: WISH Program Manager
Employment Type: 1 FTE (40 hours per week)
Classification Status: Hourly, nonexempt
Schedule: Flexible work schedule; may include some evenings and weekends
Location: Quest Center – Multnomah Location
ABOUT QUEST CENTER FOR INTEGRATIVE HEALTH:
Quest Center is a nonprofit healthcare clinic that provides multidisciplinary and integrative healthcare in a community-based setting to all people, regardless of income. We are licensed by the state of Oregon as a mental health and substance abuse program. We believe that people thrive when their physical, emotional, spiritual, and social needs are effectively met.
We work to assist our clients to sustain lifestyle changes that support healing, and to effectively strengthen those diagnosed with chronic or life-challenging illnesses, including HIV/AIDS, mental health disorders, chemical dependency, cancer, and pain. We are proud to be recognized for our service delivery to the LGBTQIA2S+ community.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
This position provides Peer Services to individuals in the WISH pain management program.
- Apply person-centered principles to build relationships, trust, and rapport with clients.
- Assess client needs and develop goal/action plans accordingly.
- Utilize cultural competency, active listening, and motivational interviewing skills to assist clients in reaching their treatment goals.
- Establish relationships with local agencies
- Collaborate with local agencies to coordinate services.
- Travel with clients to and from appointments, as needed.
- Assist clients in carrying out the activities to fulfill their goal plans and problem solve with clients to overcome challenges.
- Complete required reports quarterly.
- Work closely with internal and local Peer Support Specialists and Certified Recovery Mentors to maximize the quality of community service.
- Attend regular clinical supervision meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned/needed.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Must hold a Peer Support Specialist or Certified Recovery Mentor certification from a state-approved training program, or be willing to become certified immediately.
- Meets the definition of a Peer as defined by the State of Oregon Administrative Rule: a) self-identified person currently or formerly receiving mental health services; OR b) a self-identified person in recovery from a substance abuse disorder, who meet the abstinence requirements for recovering staff in alcohol and other drug treatment programs; OR c) A family member of an individual who is a current or former recipient of addictions or mental health services.
- Knowledgeable of co-occurring Addiction and Mental Health disorders as they relate to pain
- Ability to manage time and meet deadlines.
- Basic computer and keyboard proficiency using Microsoft Office software.
- To be culturally conscious and work with a diverse caseload.
- Ability to work collaboratively as a team member, as well as independently.
- Ability to maintain accurate records and necessary paperwork.
- Exceptional applicants will have experience facilitating support groups.
- Applicants in recovery from substance abuse must have a minimum of 2 years clean & sober.
- Must adhere to agency’s non-discrimination policies.
COMPENSATION: Competitive hourly rate, and a comprehensive benefits package including: full medical (with vision and alternative care) / dental insurance; short-term disability insurance; generous paid vacation and PTO; access to EAP services; and a 403(b) retirement plan.
TO APPLY: Email a current resume, 2-3 professional references, and a cover letter explaining your interest in Quest Center to email@example.com with “Wellness Peer Mentor” in the subject line.
We are unable to accept telephone inquiries regarding this position.
***Quest Center for Integrative Health is an equal opportunity employer***