QUEST CENTER FOR INTEGRATIVE HEALTH: COMMUNICATIONS INTERN
Reports to: Development and Communications Manager
Hours: 5-10 hours/week, flexible schedule
Location: This internship is primarily based at Quest Center with partial work offsite.
ABOUT QUEST CENTER FOR INTEGRATIVE HEALTH:
Quest Center is a nonprofit healthcare clinic that provides multidisciplinary and integrative healthcare in a community-based setting to all people, regardless of income. We are licensed by the state of Oregon as a mental health and substance abuse program. We believe that people thrive when their physical, emotional, spiritual, and social needs are effectively met. To this aim, Quest Center offers a wide range of programs and services for individuals to draw from when creating their personalized treatment plan. Such services are offered in a manner that creates a functional community among our clients and sustains their continued healing from both physical and mental illness. All of our programs share the same philosophy, mission, and values, while honoring the diversity of its participants.
We work to assist our clients to sustain lifestyle changes that support healing, and to effectively strengthen those diagnosed with chronic or life-challenging illnesses, including HIV/AIDS, mental health disorders, chemical dependency, and cancer. We are proud to be recognized for our service delivery to the LGBTQ+ community.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Communications Intern is a flexible and dynamic position that will serve as support for the Development and Communications departments for regularly occurring tasks as well as ad-hoc projects. Primary projects will include Social Media (Facebook/Instagram/Twitter) presence and outreach, quarterly newsletter development and other communications/outreach tasks as needed.
This position requires a candidate with excellent organization skills who can manage short and long term objectives, foster an agency-wide culture of integration, and maintain a calm, pleasant, and professional demeanor. The Communications Intern will perform a broad range of outreach tasks and have the opportunity to develop unique working relationships across teams.
POSITION FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- Social Media:
- Facebook/Twitter/Instagram: maintain presence through regular posts regarding program updates, open positions, Mental Health Groups and other information in line with Quest Mission Statement.
- Posts will engage the Quest Community and serve as both community outreach and education platform for Quest’s services and position.
- Using Constant Contact, edit quarterly editions of Quest’s Newsletter to be sent to donors and community members
- Develop content on the Newsletter reflecting current events, blog posts and social media.
- Website: using WordPress:
- Make regular program-related updates to Quest’s website and social media
- Under the direction of the Development and Communications Manager and Coordinator, draft blog posts reflecting current events and upcoming items in the Quarterly Newsletter.
- Develop content for Quest Center’s Blog with the direction of the Development and Communications Manager.
- Attend Development and Communications weekly team meetings, all staff meetings and others as needed
- Attend Quest related community events as required, such as Community Nutrition Night, Pride Festival, Community Day, AIDS Walk and the Fall Luncheon
- Other Communications and Outreach Tasks:
- Create and distribute department templates, forms, and program materials.
- Order business cards, as needed.
- Advanced level of personal and professional organization
- Ability to manage time and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Advanced computer and keyboard proficiency using Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook) and the internet; working knowledge of WordPress desired
- Experience with or willingness to learn Social Media, Communications and Marketing Strategy
- Willingness to foster a strong sense of cooperation and integration amongst agency departments
- Ability to work as a team member as well as independently
- Advanced critical thinking skills
- Ability to effectively interact with co-workers and clients with diverse backgrounds
- Must adhere to agency’s code of conduct and non-discrimination policies
This is a part-time, unpaid internship with a flexible schedule between 5-10 hours/week.
Please submit a cover letter explaining your interest in Quest Center, along with your resume and 2-3 references to email@example.com. In the subject line, reference “Communications Intern – your last name”.
We are unable to accept telephone inquiries regarding this position. Quest Center for Integrative Health is an equal opportunity employer. People of color and those who identify as LGBTQ+ strongly encouraged to apply.