Quest Center for Integrative Health – a multidisciplinary non-profit health clinic helping people nurture a healthy body, mind, and spirit through wellness-focused education, treatment, and community – is seeking candidates for a Behavioral Health Therapist (QMHP).
POSITION PURPOSE To provide behavioral health services to assigned Quest Center’s behavioral health clients.
Title: Behavioral Health Therapist (QMHP)
Reports to: Mental Health Program Director
Hours: Full time, flexible work schedule, including some evenings and weekends. Some travel required.
ABOUT US Quest Center is a nonprofit healthcare clinic that provides multidisciplinary and integrative healthcare in a community-based setting to all people. We are licensed by the state of Oregon as a mental health and substance abuse program. We believe that people thrive when their physical, emotional, spiritual, and social needs are effectively met. To this aim, Quest Center offers a wide range of programs and services for individuals to draw from when creating their personalized treatment plan. Such services are offered in a manner that creates a functional community among our clients and sustains their continued healing from both physical and mental illness. All of our programs share the same philosophy, mission, and values, while honoring the diversity of its participants. We work to assist our clients to sustain lifestyle changes that support healing, and to effectively strengthen those diagnosed with chronic or life-challenging illnesses, including HIV/AIDS, mental health disorders, chemical dependency, and cancer. We are proud to be recognized for our service delivery to the LGBTQ community.
FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
* Conduct comprehensive mental health assessments and write client assisted treatment plans
* Provide individual, family/ couple’s and group counseling sessions.
* Provide case management services.
* Coordinate services with other treatment providers and make appropriate referrals.
* Maintain timely and accurate documentation.
* Work with the program director and licensed medical practitioner to improve the mental health program, including supporting the development and implementation of new programming, new groups and treatment approaches.
* Be available to carry the 24 hour on-call phone and be proficient in individual crisis response procedures, and knowledgeable in mandatory abuse reporting and applicable community resources.
* Perform other duties as assigned/needed.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Knowledge and skills in chemical dependency, trauma, and crisis intervention.
* Familiarity with HIV/AIDS, disclosure issues and various sexuality issues.
* Awareness of ethnic, racial minority, class, and cultural issues.
* Ability to maintain timely and accurate records and necessary paperwork.
* Experience with group facilitation.
* Ability to work as a team member as well as independently.
* Ability to manage time and meet deadlines.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Minimum educational requirements for a Qualified Behavioral Health Professional (QMHP) are:
* graduate degree in Psychology;
* graduate degree in Social Work;
* graduate degree in Psychiatric Nursing and licensed in the State of Oregon;
* graduate degree in another mental health-related field;
* to pursue professional licensure in the State of Oregon if not already licensed
Please email a copy of your resume and cover letter to Laura Anderson, Mental Health Director, at email@example.com. Only resumes with a cover letter explaining your interest in Quest Center will be seriously considered. Cover letters may be the content of your email or included with your resume as a single document. In the subject line, reference “Behavioral Health Therapist.”
We are unable to accept telephone inquiries regarding this position. Quest Center for Integrative Health is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals of color and those who identify as LGBTQI strongly encouraged to apply.