ABOUT QUEST CENTER FOR INTEGRATIVE HEALTH – Cedar Hills Location:
Quest Center is a nonprofit healthcare clinic that provides multidisciplinary and integrative healthcare in a community-based setting to all people. We are licensed by the state of Oregon as a behavioral health and substance use disorder program. We believe that people thrive when their physical, emotional, spiritual, and social needs are effectively met. To this aim, Quest Center offers a wide range of programs and services for individuals to draw from when creating their personalized treatment plan. Such services are offered in a manner that creates a functional community among our clients and sustains their continued healing from both physical and mental illness. All of our programs share the same philosophy, mission, and values, while honoring the diversity of its participants. The Wellness Integrity and Sustainable Health (WISH) program is Quest’s non-opiate based pain management program. We are proud to be recognized for our service delivery to the LGBTQ community.
WHAT WE ARE SEEKING:
We are seeking a Certified Recovery Mentor or a person willing to become certified immediately to provide support services to members of our Quest community in our soon to be opening Cedar Hills location. A competitive candidate has strong boundaries and a clear understanding of structure and accountability to work 32-40 hours per week with our addictions recovery and pain management clients.
Title: Certified Peer Support Specialist
Reports to: Mentor Coordinator
Salary: DOE, generous benefits including medical/dental/paid time off.
Hours: 32-40 hours per week
Open until filled
FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- Apply person-centered principles to build relationships, trust, and rapport with clients.
- Assess client needs and develop goal/action plans accordingly.
- Utilize cultural competency, active listening, and motivational interviewing skills to assist clients in reaching their treatment goals.
- Establish relationships with local agencies for an efficient referral process.
- Collaborate with local agencies to coordinate services.
- Travel with clients to and from appointments, as needed.
- Assist clients in carrying out the activities to fulfill their goal plans and problem solve with clients to overcome challenges.
- Complete chart notes for client encounters and submit all program paperwork in a professional, timely manner.
- Work closely with internal and local Peer Support Specialists and Certified Recovery Mentors to maximize the quality of community service
- Attend regular clinical supervision meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned/needed.
- Knowledgeable about the lived experience of addiction and pain
- Must hold a Peer Support Specialist or Certified Recovery Mentor certification from a State-approved training program, OR be willing to become certified immediately.
- Meets the definition of a Peer as defined by the State of Oregon Administrative Rule: a) self-identified person currently or formerly receiving mental health services; OR b) a self-identified person in recovery from a substance abuse disorder, who meet the abstinence requirements for recovering staff in alcohol and other drug treatment programs; OR c) A family member of an individual who is a current or former recipient of addictions or mental health services.
- Familiarity with substance abuse and mental health resources/programs in the Washington County area.
- Ability to manage time and meet deadlines.
- Basic computer and keyboard proficiency using Microsoft Office software.
- To be culturally conscious and work with a diverse caseload
- Ability to work collaboratively as a team member as well as independently.
- Ability to maintain accurate records and necessary paperwork.
- Exceptional applicants will have experience facilitating support groups
- Applicants in recovery from substance abuse must have a minimum of 2 years clean & sober.
- Must adhere to agency’s non-discrimination policies.
This is a full time position, with flexible hours.
Please submit a cover letter explaining your interest in Quest Center, along with your resume and 2-3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, reference “Mentor Applicant.”
We are unable to accept telephone inquiries regarding this position. Quest Center for Integrative Health is an equal opportunity employer.