Quest Center for Integrative Health – a multidisciplinary non-profit health clinic helping people nurture a healthy body, mind, and spirit through wellness-focused education, treatment, and community – is seeking candidates for an Office Assistant/Receptionist.
Title: Office Assistant/Receptionist
Reports to: Office Coordinator
Hours: Full time (40 hours a week). Our regular business days are Monday – Friday.
Benefits: This position is eligible for 100% employer-paid group health insurance, with generous vacation and personal leave benefits, eligible for use after 60 days.
Quest Center is a nonprofit healthcare clinic that provides multidisciplinary and integrative healthcare in a community-based setting to all people. We are licensed by the state of Oregon as a mental health and substance abuse program. We believe that people thrive when their physical, emotional, spiritual, and social needs are effectively met. To this aim, Quest Center offers a wide range of programs and services for individuals to draw from when creating their personalized treatment plan. Such services are offered in a manner that creates a functional community among our clients and sustains their continued healing from both physical and mental illness. All of our programs share the same philosophy, mission, and values, while honoring the diversity of its participants.
We work to assist our clients to sustain lifestyle changes that support healing, and to effectively strengthen those diagnosed with chronic or life-challenging illnesses, including HIV/AIDS, mental health disorders, chemical dependency, and pain management. We are proud to be recognized for our service delivery to the LGBTQ community.
The Office Assistant/Receptionist, along with the other members of the front desk team, will be “The Face of Quest”, representing our clinic in a cheerful and professional manner. Candidates will be expected to maintain the strictest of standards of HIPAA compliance, office opening and closing procedures and other administrative tasks.
FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- Act as clinic wide support staff for all programs including: Medical, Mental Health, Recovery, HIV Services and Management Teams.
- Provide excellent customer service in a professional setting
- Communicate with other agencies on behalf of Quest Center clients
- Answer multi-line phones and direct calls to the appropriate location
- Check patients in for appointments
- Schedule appointments
- Sell supplements
- Open and/or close the clinic
- Make reminder calls
- Prepare paperwork for the next day’s appointments, including legal documents and insurance forms
- Process mail
- Be a liaison for the clinic. Know the processes for the clinic, the services that are provided at the clinic and be able to answer general questions for prospective clients
- Willing to participate in clinic provided training in compliance with Federal Privacy Laws (HIPAA)
- Perform project based assignments
- Work alongside other Front Desk Team Members and assist Medical Records Department
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a cheerful attitude
- Professionalism and maturity
- Ability to be punctual and dependable
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining a calm and professional demeanor
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Basic computer skills
- Basic cash handling skills
- Willingness to learn
- Medical reception experience in a busy office setting preferred
- Public health or non-profit experience preferred
- Able to work with culturally-diverse clients and communities while being culturally sensitive and appropriate.
- Knowledge and belief in Quest Center’s mission preferred
Please direct your email, with a cover letter and references to Chloe Forrester, Office Coordinator, at email@example.com with the subject line “Office Assistant/Receptionist – your name”. We are unable to accept telephone inquiries regarding this position. Quest Center for Integrative Health is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals of color and those who identify as LGBTQ+ strongly encouraged to apply.
Job will be listed until position is filled.
Job Type: Full-time
- Receptionist: 2 years