OFFICE ASSISTANT/MEDICAL RECORDS SPECIALIST
Quest Center for Integrative Health – a multidisciplinary non-profit health clinic helping people nurture a healthy body, mind, and spirit through wellness-focused education, treatment, and community – is seeking candidates for an Office Assistant/Medical Records Specialist.
Quest Center is a nonprofit healthcare clinic that provides multidisciplinary and integrative healthcare in a community-based setting to all people. We are licensed by the state of Oregon as a mental health and substance abuse program. We believe that people thrive when their physical, emotional, spiritual, and social needs are effectively met. To this aim, Quest Center offers a wide range of programs and services for individuals to draw from when creating their personalized treatment plan. Such services are offered in a manner that creates a functional community among our clients and sustains their continued healing from both physical and mental illness. All of our programs share the same philosophy, mission, and values, while honoring the diversity of its participants.
We work to assist our clients to sustain lifestyle changes that support healing, and to effectively strengthen those diagnosed with chronic or life-challenging illnesses, including HIV/AIDS, mental health disorders, chemical dependency, and cancer. We are proud to be recognized for our service delivery to the LGBTQ community.
The Office Assistant/Medical Records Specialist, along with the other members of the front desk team, will be responsible for scanning and uploading clinic paperwork into the electronic health record, processing medical records requests while maintaining the strictest standards of HIPAA compliance, closing the clinic on a daily basis, providing backup to the front desk, and other administrative tasks.
Title: Office Assistant
Reports to: Front Desk Team Lead
Hours: Full time (40 hours per week) Our regular business days are Monday – Friday.
Benefits: This position qualifies for 100% employer-paid group health insurance, with generous vacation and sick leave benefits, eligible for use after 60 days.
FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- Scan and upload clinic paperwork into the electronic health record
- Receive medical records requests from outside agencies and current/former patients, check them for HIPAA compliance, send records to requesting party and document the disclosure
- Serve as receptionist in the evenings and as needed – this will include checking clients and patients in for their appointments, answering phones, scheduling appointments and selling supplements
- Close the clinic on a daily basis, running reports and balancing the till. Once a week, run backup on the POS system
- Provide excellent customer service in a professional setting
- Be a liaison for the clinic. Know the processes for the clinic, the services that are provided at the clinic and be able to answer general questions for prospective clients
- Act as clinic wide support staff for all programs including: Medical, Mental Health, Recovery, HIV Services and Management Teams
- Willing to participate in clinic provided training in compliance with state and federal regulations and according to county contracts
- Work alongside other Front Desk Team members
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a cheerful attitude
- Professionalism and maturity
- Ability to be punctual and dependable
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining a calm and professional demeanor
- Basic cash handling skills
- Willingness to learn
- Medical reception experience in a busy office setting required
- Medical records experience preferred
- Public health or non-profit experience preferred
- Able to work with culturally-diverse clients and communities while being culturally sensitive and appropriate.
- Knowledge and belief in Quest Center’s mission
Please include a separate attached resume and cover letter to Janet Brandt at email@example.com indicating why you would like to work at Quest. We will not accept phone calls regarding this job posting.
Job will be listed until position is filled.