This position description has expired.
HIV SERVICES PROGRAM COORDINATOR: POSITION DESCRIPTION
Reports to: Director of HIV Services
Hours: 1.0 FTE (40 hours per week)
Salary: DOE, generous benefits including medical/dental/paid vacation and time off
Application Deadline: February 15, 2018
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The HIV Services Program Coordinator (HSPC) position oversees three federally funded Ryan White programs for people living with HIV (PLWH). This position requires excellent organization skills, a solid understanding of the social determinants of health, expertise in program administration, and an ability to promote client-centered programming. The HSPC should possess the knowledge, connections, and humility to provide and expand HIV Behavioral Health services to marginalized communities for whom the impact of HIV is most severe. Addressing health equity gaps along lines of race, ethnicity, sexuality, and gender expression is of utmost importance.
The HSPC is responsible for coordinating the following programs:
1. Women of Wisdom: The Women of Wisdom (W.O.W) program offers a community of support and sisterhood to women living with HIV, and their children. Every Wednesday, WOW offers a rotating schedule of education programs, wellness workshops, and a drop-in support group with free childcare.
2. HIV & Behavioral Health Peer Support: The HIV Peer Support program provides individual and group support to individuals navigating the intersecting worlds of HIV, Mental Illness, and Addiction. Using a model that values lived experience as a way to promote recovery, our certified Peer Support Specialists serve as an invaluable resource for those experiencing challenges in recovery from mental illness or addiction.
This program encompasses two distinct, but interrelated contracts: Mental Health Peer Support and Substance Abuse Peer Support.
FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
Program Coordination and Administration:
- Maintain strict federal contract compliance while ensuring the greatest possible quality of care
- Monitor Client Eligibility for all RW contracts. Schedule and conduct 6-month and annual RW Eligibility Determinations
- Monitor and work towards attaining program outcomes. Lead program development and quality improvement initiatives based on outcome results, client feedback, and team input
- Provide strong and creative leadership for program improvement efforts. Lead the HIV Services team in developing and implementing a Quality Management Plan and bi-annual Quality Improvement projects
- Document program successes and challenges in order to co-author quarterly contractor reports
- Manage contract-related purchasing and paperwork
- Monthly CAREWare data entry
- Assist the Director of HIV Services with Ryan White contractor requirements, as needed
- Assist program staff with event planning and coordination
Direct Service Provision:
- Conduct new client intakes and eligibility determinations for Peer Support and WOW programs
- Provide backup for direct service as-needed (WOW & PSS programs)
- Assist with crisis management, when needed
- Chart all client interactions according to federal, state, and local Administrative Rules
- Serve as task supervisor for WOW Facilitator, WOW Peer Mentor, and Peer Support Specialist
- Ensure satisfactory execution of tasks, time management, client care, outreach, and progress
toward contract goals.
- Compare monthly work logs to chart-notes for accuracy
- Facilitate weekly HIV Services Team Meetings
- Coordinate outreach efforts, process paperwork
- Provide and document strengths-based training and coaching, as needed. Conduct annual and periodic professional goal setting
- Maintain updated training materials for staff development and coordinate training for new hire
Community Outreach and Engagement:
- Coordinate and conduct outreach events to promote HIV Services programming
- Work with local community partners for internal and external referrals
- Attend networking meetings to expand and nourish relationships with referral sources
- Conduct program outreach for new client referrals
- Collaborate with community partners for annual AIDS Walk, PRIDE parade, Holiday, and other events
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of, and relationship to, community resources for optimal client wraparound care. Maintain updated community partner database
- Coordinate/Oversee HIV Services Monthly Calendar mailing
- Experience with program development, program administration, and/or project management
- BA in Community Development, Public Health, Healthcare Administration, Social Work, or related field
- Minimum 2 years’ supervisory experience with a team of 3 or more
- Experience in the HIV/AIDS services field. Familiarity with HIV issues including disclosure, as well as various sexuality issues
- Knowledge of substance use disorders and treatment. Lived experience with recovery a plus
- Familiarity with substance abuse and mental health programs in Portland
- Cultural humility regarding issues of race, gender, sexuality, ethnicity, and class. Ability to effectively interact with co-workers and clients with diverse backgrounds
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (CONTINUED):
- Strong oral and written communication skills (Bilingual English/Spanish preferred)
- Ability to manage time and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work as a team member as well as independently
- Advanced critical thinking skills and creativity
- Ability to maintain accurate records and necessary paperwork
- Advanced computer and keyboard proficiency using Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook) and the internet;
- Ability to maintain appropriate professional boundaries with clients and co-workers
- Must adhere to agency’s code of conduct and non-discrimination policies
- Strong candidates will be well-versed in local HIV/AIDS, Mental Health, and Addictions services, and have experience developing and improving programs to the LGBTQ population as well as cis- and trans-gender women. Applicants should be able to relate to clients in a genuine, mutually respectful manner, while also demonstrating a high level of administrative and organizational competence.
This is a 1.0 FTE position (40 hours per week), with flexible hours.
Please submit a cover letter explaining your interest in Quest Center, along with your resume and 2-3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, reference “HIV Services Program Coordinator.” We are unable to accept telephone inquiries regarding this position. Quest Center for Integrative Health is an equal opportunity employer. People of color and those who identify as LGBTQ+ strongly encouraged to apply.