Qualified Mental Health Professional – HIV Specialist
Title: HIV Services Mental Health Counselor
Reports to: Director of Behavioral Health
Salary: DOE, generous benefits including medical/dental/paid vacation and time off
Hours: Full time, split between the Mental Health department (50%) and HIV Services department (50%). Flexible work schedule, including some evenings and weekends. Some local travel may be required.
ABOUT THE QUEST CENTER:
Quest Center is a nonprofit healthcare clinic that provides multidisciplinary and integrative healthcare in a community-based setting to all people. We are licensed by the state of Oregon as a mental health and substance abuse program. We believe that people thrive when their physical, emotional, spiritual, and social needs are effectively met.
To this aim, Quest Center offers a wide range of programs and services for individuals to draw from when creating their personalized treatment plan. Such services are offered in a manner that creates a functional community among our clients and sustains their continued healing from both physical and mental illness. All of our programs share the same philosophy, mission, and values, while honoring the diversity of its participants.
We work to assist our clients to sustain lifestyle changes that support healing, and to effectively strengthen those diagnosed with chronic or life-challenging illnesses, including HIV/AIDS, mental health disorders, chemical dependency, and cancer. We are proud to be recognized for our service delivery to the LGBTQ+ community.
To provide mental health counseling to assigned clients; specifically including persons living with HIV/AIDS (PLWHA) and Ryan White-funded clients.
FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
- Conduct comprehensive mental health assessments and write client assisted service plans
- Provide individual, family/couple, and group counseling sessions; specifically focused on the unique needs of PLWHA.
- Provide care coordination and wraparound services.
- Coordinate services with other treatment providers and make appropriate referrals.
- Maintain timely and accurate documentation.
- Work with the Director of Behavioral Health and Clinical Supervisor of Mental Health to improve the mental health program, including supporting the development and implementation of new programming, new groups and treatment approaches.
- Be accountable to the Director of HIV Services to meet contract goals related to Ryan White-funded clients.
- Work directly with HIV Peer Support Specialists to support treatment engagement and retention for Quest’s Peer clients
- Attend monthly HIV Networking meetings and other community events, as needed.
- Engage in continuous education and training efforts to stay abreast of updates in the field of LGBTQ+ and HIV-related Behavioral Health Care
- Be available to carry the 24 hour on-call phone and be proficient in individual crisis response procedures, knowledgeable in mandatory abuse reporting and applicable community resources.
- Perform other duties as assigned/needed.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge and skills in chemical dependency, trauma, and crisis intervention.
- High level of knowledge and proficiency with issues related to HIV/AIDS, status disclosure, stigma, Long-Term Survivorship, and sexuality.
- Familiarity with HIV-related community providers and resources.
- Awareness of ethnic, racial minority, class, gender, and cultural issues.
- Ability to maintain timely and accurate records and necessary paperwork.
- Experience with group facilitation.
- Ability to work as a team member as well as independently.
- Ability to manage time and meet deadlines.
- Ability to effectively interact with co-workers and clients with diverse backgrounds
- Ability to maintain appropriate professional boundaries with clients and co-workers
- Must adhere to agency’s code of conduct and non-discrimination policies
Strong candidates will be well-versed in local HIV/AIDS, Mental Health, and Addictions services, and have experience delivering services to the LGBTQ+ population.
Minimum educational requirements include:
- Graduate degree in Psychology;
- Graduate degree in another mental health-related field;
- To pursue professional licensure in the State of Oregon if not already licensed
Please submit a cover letter explaining your interest in working at Quest, along with your resume and 2-3 references to email@example.com. In the subject line, reference “QMHP – HIV Specialist”.
We are unable to accept telephone inquiries regarding this position. Quest Center for Integrative Health is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals of color and those who identify as LGBTQ+ strongly encouraged to apply.