POSITION DESCRIPTION: COMMUNICATIONS AND DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR
Reports to: Communications and Development Manager
Hours: 1.0 FTE (40 hours per week)
Salary: DOE. Full medical and dental benefits for employee, short-term disability insurance, paid vacation and personal time off, EAP, 403(b)
Starting: August 1, 2017
ABOUT QUEST CENTER FOR INTEGRATIVE HEALTH:
Quest Center is a nonprofit healthcare clinic that provides multidisciplinary and integrative healthcare in a community-based setting to all people, regardless of income. We are licensed by the state of Oregon as a mental health and substance abuse program. We believe that people thrive when their physical, emotional, spiritual, and social needs are effectively met. To this aim, Quest Center offers a wide range of programs and services for individuals to draw from when creating their personalized treatment plan. Such services are offered in a manner that creates a functional community among our clients and sustains their continued healing from both physical and mental illness. All of our programs share the same philosophy, mission, and values, while honoring the diversity of its participants.
We work to assist our clients to sustain lifestyle changes that support healing, and to effectively strengthen those diagnosed with chronic or life-challenging illnesses, including HIV/AIDS, mental health disorders, chemical dependency, and cancer. We are proud to be recognized for our service delivery to the LGBTQI community.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Communications and Development Coordinator (CDC) is a flexible and dynamic position that will serve as Coordinator to the Development and Communications (DevCom) departments to provide support for regularly occurring tasks as well as ad-hoc projects. Primary projects will include Social Media (Facebook/ Twitter) presence and outreach, developing internal and external marketing materials, and participation in community events. The Development Department will see tasks ranging from donation data entry, assisting with the logistics of annual appeal campaigns, event logistics and report generation. The CDC will report directly to the Communications and Development Manager (CDM), in addition to working alongside a grant contractor.
This position requires a candidate with excellent organization skills who can manage short and long term objectives, foster an agency-wide culture of integration, and maintain a calm, pleasant, and professional demeanor. The CDC will perform a broad range of Communications and Development tasks and have the opportunity to develop unique working relationships across teams.
POSITION FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- Social Media:
- Facebook/Twitter: maintain presence through regular posts regarding program updates, open positions, Mental Health Groups and other information in line with Quest Mission Statement.
- Posts will engage Quest Community and serve as both community outreach and education platform for Quest’s services and position within the community.
- Website: using WordPress, take lead on website maintenance, editing and overhaul.
- Make regular program-related updates to Quest’s website and social media
- Make periodic updates to the agency Donor Database.
- Assist with the production and distribution of a quarterly newsletter.
- Other Communications and Outreach Tasks:
- Create and distribute department templates, forms, fliers, and program materials.
- Record meeting minutes for team meetings and all-staff meetings.
· Support the CDM in executing the Fundraising plan:
- Donor Care:
- Send prompt follow up to donors in the form of “thank you” letters.
- Regularly access Gift Works program to enter recent donations and update campaigns.
- Maintain grant tracking database in collaboration with the grant contractor and CDM.
- Events Committee:
- Collaborate with Communications and Development Coordinator on the implementation of Events Committee ideas, per the project.
- Act as DevCom representative as needed in monthly committee meetings.
- Events Communications:
- Ensure prompt, timely and visually appealing event notifications are sent out in the form of social media production.
- Maintain Event Calendar and volunteers as necessary.
- Events Logistics:
- Act as support for the CDM the logistics of event management including event reservation, catering details, event promotion and ticketing information.
- These events include but are not limited to Quest Community Day, Pride Festival and Parade, Portland AIDSWalk, Quest’s Annual Fall Luncheon in addition to Quest-specific events like Volunteer Appreciation Day, Staff Appreciation Day and the Staff Holiday Party.
- Maintain the Quest Tabling Box with relevant flyers, brochures and contact info for any department doing outreach or tabling.
Other Events tasks as required by the Communications and Development Manager.
Other Tasks (10%):
- Attend all-staff, weekly team meetings and supervisory meetings as scheduled.
- Comply with all State and Federal Privacy Laws regarding Protected Health Information (PHI).
- Advanced level of personal and professional organization
- Ability to manage time and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Advanced computer and keyboard proficiency using Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook) and the internet; working knowledge of WordPress desired
- Willingness to foster a strong sense of cooperation and integration amongst agency departments
- Ability to work as a team member as well as independently
- Advanced critical thinking skills
- Ability to maintain accurate records and necessary paperwork
- Ability to effectively interact with co-workers and clients with diverse backgrounds
- Must adhere to agency’s code of conduct and non-discrimination policies
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field a plus.
- Experience with Giftworks database and database management.
- Comfort with Adobe Illustrator strongly desired.
- Experience with WordPress and website development a plus.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to email CV or resume, cover letter and three references to Rachel Boehm, Communications and Development Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of the email should read “Your last name –Communications and Development Coordinator Application.” We are unable to accept phone calls at this time. Quest Center for Integrative Health is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals of color and those who identify as LGBTQI strongly encouraged to apply.