CERTIFIED RECOVERY MENTOR
ABOUT QUEST CENTER FOR INTEGRATIVE HEALTH:
Quest Center is a nonprofit healthcare clinic that provides multidisciplinary and integrative healthcare in a community-based setting to all people. We are licensed by the state of Oregon as a behavioral health and substance use disorder program. We believe that people thrive when their physical, emotional, spiritual, and social needs are effectively met. To this aim, Quest Center offers a wide range of programs and services for individuals to draw from when creating their personalized treatment plan. Such services are offered in a manner that creates a functional community among our clients and sustains their continued healing from both physical and mental illness. All of our programs share the same philosophy, mission, and values, while honoring the diversity of its participants. We are proud to be recognized for our service delivery to the LGBTQI+ community.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
We are seeking a Certified Recovery Mentor or a person willing to become certified immediately to provide support services to male individuals engaged in the corrections system in Washington County. These individuals are often times new re-integrating back into the community from being incarcerated. A competitive candidate has strong boundaries and a clear understanding of structure and accountability to work 40 hours per week with these individuals.
Title: Certified Peer Support Specialist
Reports to: Mentor Coordinator
Salary: DOE; generous benefits including medical/dental/paid time off (Vacation and PTO)
Hours: 40 hours per week, with flexible hours
FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
- Apply person-centered principles to build relationships, trust, and rapport with clients
- Assess client needs and develop goal/action plans accordingly
- Utilize cultural competency, active listening, and motivational interviewing skills to assist clients in reaching their treatment goals
- Establish relationships with local agencies for an efficient referral process
- Collaborate with local agencies to coordinate services
- Travel with clients to and from appointments, as needed
- Attend recovery support meetings with individuals
- Assist individual in obtaining state issues ID and other resources in the community
- Assist clients in carrying out the activities to fulfill their goal plans and problem solve with clients to overcome challenges
- Complete required paperwork in efficient and timely manner
- Work closely with internal and local Peer Support Specialists and Certified Recovery Mentors to maximize the quality of community service
- Attend regular clinical supervision meetings
- Perform other duties as assigned/needed
- Knowledgeable about the lived experience of addiction and corrections experience
- Must hold a Peer Support Specialist or Certified Recovery Mentor certification from a State-approved training program, OR be willing to become certified immediately
- Meets the definition of a Peer as defined by the State of Oregon Administrative Rule: a) self-identified person currently or formerly receiving mental health services; OR b) a self-identified person in recovery from a substance abuse disorder, who meet the abstinence requirements for recovering staff in alcohol and other drug treatment programs; OR c) A family member of an individual who is a current or former recipient of addictions or mental health services
- Familiarity with substance abuse and mental health resources/programs in the Washington County area.
- Ability to manage time and meet deadlines.
- Basic computer and keyboard proficiency using Microsoft Office software
- To be culturally conscious and work with a diverse caseload
- Ability to work collaboratively as a team member as well as independently
- Ability to maintain accurate records and necessary paperwork
- Exceptional applicants will have experience facilitating support groups
- Applicants in recovery from substance abuse must have a minimum of 2 years clean & sober
- Must adhere to agency’s non-discrimination policies
This is a full time position, nonexempt position.
Please submit a cover letter explaining your interest in Quest Center, along with your resume and 2-3 references to email@example.com . In the subject line, reference “Mentor Applicant.”
We are unable to accept telephone inquiries regarding this position. Quest Center for Integrative Health is an equal opportunity employer.