Position Description: Administrative Support Specialist
Reports to: HR Manager
Employment: 1.0 FTE (40 hours per week)
Schedule: Monday – Friday; 8:30 am – 5 pm
Location: Quest Center – Multnomah (for our locations, please click here)
ABOUT QUEST CENTER FOR INTEGRATIVE HEALTH:
Quest Center is a nonprofit healthcare clinic that provides multidisciplinary and integrative healthcare in a community-based setting to all people, regardless of income. We are licensed by the state of Oregon as a mental health and substance abuse program. We believe that people thrive when their physical, emotional, spiritual, and social needs are effectively met. We work to assist our clients to sustain lifestyle changes that support healing and to effectively strengthen those diagnosed with chronic or life-challenging illnesses, including HIV/AIDS, mental health, disorders, chemical dependency and cancer. Quest is proud to be recognized for our service delivery to the LGBTQ+ community.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Administrative Support Specialist is a full-time, nonexempt position eligible for all employer sponsored benefits. This is a multi-faceted role that provides critical support in the following areas: Human Resources (50%), the Executive Director (25%) and Front Desk / Administration (25%). A successful candidate is flexible, a high level communicator and takes a pro-active stance in managing multiple assignments / projects within a fast-paced atmosphere. This role is key in leveraging the capacity of Quest Center’s primary location.
This job description is subject to change at any time; other duties may be assigned, expanded or reduced by management to meet the business needs of the center.
- Human Resources: Provides day-to-day administrative support to the HR Department including: benefits administration; maintains employee records and documentation; compiles reports and prepares spreadsheets; assists with job recruitment (job posting, applicant tracking) and onboarding/separation processes; facilitates staff trainings and events; prepares new employee, intern, and volunteer files; performs background checks; completes employment verifications and census requests for external parties; acts as point of contact for employment questions or issues in the HRIS system; assists with payroll matters; special projects and other duties, as assigned
- Executive Director: Provides specialized support to the E.D. in the following areas: maintains a daily, shifting schedule; coordinates internal and external meetings; acts as liaison with BOD members and takes monthly meeting minutes; drafts correspondence and reports; prepares meeting materials and presentations; arranges travel; coordinates acupuncture internships; special projects and other duties, as assigned
- Front Desk / Administration: Provides customer service in a business setting that includes: answers multi-line phones and redirects calls; checks-in patients for appointments; schedules appointments; acts as back up for reminder calls, processing mail, supplement transactions, and clinic opening and closure; prepares client paperwork, including insurance forms; and other duties, as needed
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- 2+ years of related experience in office administration; Associates degree
- Computer skills: Word and Excel knowledge required; Google Apps preferred
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal and written
- Professional and people-oriented demeanor; culturally appropriate
- Managing a schedule and calendaring; Executive assistance a plus
- Highly organized and proven track record with successfully completing multiple assignments with shifting priorities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and diplomacy a must
- HR experience and/or familiarity with employment laws preferred
- Ability to remain in a stationary position on a regular basis, operate a computer and other office basic equipment, and occasionally twist, bend and move up to 25 pounds
- Successfully complete a background check
Competitive hourly rate, depending on experience, and a comprehensive benefits package including: full medical (with vision and alternative care) / dental insurance; short-term disability insurance; generous paid vacation and PTO; access to EAP services; and a 403(b) retirement plan.
Email a current resume, 3 professional references, and a cover letter to:
email@example.com with “Administrative Support Specialist” in the subject line. Applications without all materials requested will not be considered. Please do not call the center.
***Quest Center for Integrative Health is an equal opportunity employer***