CERTIFIED RECOVERY MENTOR
Reports to: WISH Program Manager
Employment: 1FTE (40 hours per week)
Schedule: Full time position, with flexible hours
Location: QUEST CENTER FOR INTEGRATIVE HEALTH – Washington County Location
ABOUT QUEST CENTER FOR INTEGRATIVE HEALTH:
Quest Center is a nonprofit healthcare clinic that provides multidisciplinary and integrative healthcare in a community-based setting to all people, regardless of income. We are licensed by the state of Oregon as a behavioral health and substance use disorder program. We believe that people thrive when their physical, emotional, spiritual, and social needs are effectively met. To this aim, Quest Center offers a wide range of programs and services for individuals to draw from when creating their personalized treatment plan. Such services are offered in a manner that creates a functional community among our clients and sustains their continued healing from both physical and mental illness. All of our programs share the same philosophy, mission, and values, while honoring the diversity of its participants. The Wellness Integrity and Sustainable Health (WISH) program is Quest’s non-opiate based pain management program. We are proud to be recognized for our service delivery to the LGBTQ+ community.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
We are seeking a Certified Recovery Mentor or a person willing to become certified immediately to provide support services to members of our Quest community in Washington County working with male identified clients engaged in the corrections system. A competitive candidate has strong boundaries and a clear understanding of structure and accountability to work 40 hours per week
- Apply person-centered principles to build relationships, trust, and rapport with clients.
- Assess client needs and develop goal/action plans accordingly.
- Utilize cultural competency, active listening, and motivational interviewing skills to assist clients in reaching their treatment goals.
- Establish relationships with local agencies and corrections department for an efficient referral process.
- Collaborate with local agencies to coordinate services.
- Travel with clients to and from appointments, as needed.
- Assist clients in carrying out the activities to fulfill their goal plans and problem solve with clients to overcome challenges.
- Complete required reports quarterly
- Work closely with internal and local Peer Support Specialists and Certified Recovery Mentors to maximize the quality of community service
- Attend regular clinical supervision meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned/needed.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Knowledgeable about the lived experience of addiction, recovery and being involved in the corrections system
- Must hold a Peer Support Specialist or Certified Recovery Mentor certification from a State-approved training program, OR be willing to become certified immediately.
- Meets the definition of a Peer as defined by the State of Oregon Administrative Rule: a) self-identified person currently or formerly receiving mental health services; OR b) a self-identified person in recovery from a substance abuse disorder, who meet the abstinence requirements for recovering staff in alcohol and other drug treatment programs; OR c) A family member of an individual who is a current or former recipient of addictions or mental health services
- Ability to manage time and meet deadlines.
- Basic computer and keyboard proficiency using Microsoft Office software.
- To be culturally conscious and work with a diverse caseload.
- Ability to work collaboratively as a team member as well as independently.
- Ability to maintain accurate records and necessary paperwork.
- Exceptional applicants will have experience facilitating support groups.
- Applicants in recovery from substance abuse must have a minimum of 2 years clean & sober.
- Must adhere to agency’s non-discrimination policies.
Competitive salary, depending on experience, and a comprehensive benefits package including: full medical (with vision and alternative care) / dental insurance; short-term disability insurance; generous paid vacation and PTO; access to EAP services; and a 403(b) retirement plan.
TO APPLY: Please submit a cover letter explaining your interest in Quest Center, along with your resume and 2-3 references to Lydia Cortez-Hickox at email@example.com . In the subject line, reference “Mentor Applicant.”
We are unable to accept telephone inquiries regarding this position.
***Quest Center for Integrative Health is an equal opportunity employer***