Throughout 2018, Quest opened an impact survey for patients to provide feedback on services
and support. Over the course of 12 months, 74 total surveys were completed, 31 of which were online and the remaining 43 were hard copies. All responses were anonymous. We are humbled and receptive to the community’s response and will continue to evolve our service delivery to meet the needs of our community. In this survey, 59.5% were engaged in Mental Health, 17.6% engaged in WISH, 20.3% engaged in HIV Services, 16.2% engaged in FSR, 29.7% engaged in Medical, 40.5% engaged in Acupuncture and 6.8% engaged in the Washington County Recovery and Transition Program. As our programs are integrated, some clients were engaged in more than one program.
Do you feel the services you receive benefit your daily life?
– Prior to coming here I was unable to care for myself adequately.
– Quest’s integrative approach has changed my life!
– The therapists help me to better deal with my issues. The Thursday meal – has taught me better ways to eat food. Acupuncture – helps decrease my pain; better able to get around and increased energy not having to deal with the pain.
“I am so grateful for WOW – Thank you, Quest.”
Do you feel Quest has contributed to your long-term well-being?
– Through Acupuncture, I feel more present in my body, calmer actually. It’s the first time I’ve felt consistently ok in my body.
– The community at Quest is very supportive, friendly, understanding and a joy to be around. My well-being is elevated, every day, from my participation at Quest. Dealing with pain can be all-consuming and Quest shows me there’s another way to be.
– I’ve done a lot of work here and the staff has been incredibly helpful.
“The community here has helped my spirit grow and continue to get stronger and happier. The
acupuncture continues to build and help me cope long term.”
How has Quest made an impact on your life?
– I no longer have night terrors/nightmares. My PTSD and anxiety no longer control me. My pain management is working for me.
– They have given my life back and helped me achieve goalsI never thought possible.
– Enabled me to connect with other HIV+ women
– Increase coping skills; decrease pain to be able to be more present; continues to teach me new ways to improve my health and nutrition; continues to feed by soul and lift my spirit. Improves my state of being – so I can do the things that I love to do and have energy to continue to grow and discover new things that feed my soul.
“Recovery – is still going strong 10 years clean. Health is great.”
What is your primary barrier to accessing healthcare?
– Getting referral approved with OHP
– Being treated like a “junkie” by medical professionals
– Having access when incarcerated
– Sometimes I don’t have or can’t afford a bus pass.
– As a “two spirit” LGBTQ+ person, health care settings have been challenging. Quest does an amazing job of welcoming me.
– Time, energy, depression
– Being 55+ woman and homeless with mental and other challenges.
“At times my transportation is unreliable; being in a wheelchair is always a challenge, especially
What could Quest do to better serve you?
– More activities
– Additional capacity, hard to get in when needed
– Offer more stability with prescribers and therapists. I don’t want to leave Quest, but I want to see my current therapist and prescriber last longer than the first two.
– Offer group times that serve single parents during school hours.
– I am 65 and my insurance does not cover my mental health therapy or acupuncture or naturopathic DR anymore. Wish it did.