CLINICAL AND ADMIN SUPPORT SPECIALIST
Reports to: Director of Behavioral Health
Employment Type: 1.0 FTE (40 hours per week)
Classification Status: Hourly, nonexempt
Location: Quest Center – Multnomah
ABOUT QUEST CENTER FOR INTEGRATIVE HEALTH:
Quest Center is a nonprofit healthcare clinic that provides multidisciplinary and integrative healthcare in a community-based setting to all people, regardless of income. We are licensed by the state of Oregon as a mental health and substance abuse program. We believe that people thrive when their physical, emotional, spiritual, and social needs are effectively met.
We work to assist our clients to sustain lifestyle changes that support healing, and to effectively strengthen those diagnosed with chronic or life-challenging illnesses, including HIV/AIDS, mental health disorders, chemical dependency, cancer, and pain. We are proud to be recognized for our service delivery to the LGBTQIA2S+ community.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Clinical and Admin Support Specialist is a position that will serve to assist in clinical and business programs at Quest. This position will be responsible for performing a broad range of, tasks ranging from medical assistant to admin support with our Mental Health team. This position requires a candidate with excellent organizational skills who can manage concurrent administrative projects, foster an agency-wide culture of integration, and maintain a calm, pleasant, and professional demeanor.
FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
- Client services: Provide support for the patients and direct their care as indicated, including providing instructions for lab work, processing and recording medication refills, and facilitating communication between practitioners and patients.
- Charting/documentation: obtain all necessary information (lab work) for patients at the time of their appointment; EMR charting according to HIPAA compliancy; document cancellations and no shows, coordinating with the front desk; prepare referrals and make sure the referring doctor has all appropriate chart notes and labs.
- Phone/fax duties: triage incoming calls throughout the day and working to ensure acute cases are prioritized; relay phone messages; screen new patients; call in/fax prescriptions; fax orders for blood work for patients to prepare for upcoming appointment; schedule phone calls with other doctors or patients as needed; FAX, mail or email other documents as necessary; AND copy, scan or upload documents as necessary.
- Serve as back up to Medical Assistant: perform phlebotomy, injections, urine dipsticks and other in-house tests, TB tests, and processing of labs; take vitals, update patient histories and medication lists, and room patients; prepare treatment rooms; AND clean treatment rooms between patients.
- Arrange/organize annual retreats as needed
- Responsible for departmental projects as assigned by supervisor
- Oversee and coordinate ACORN data for the department
- Coordination of group schedules, promotional material, intra departmental communication for integration of services
- Other duties as assigned
- 2+ years prior medical assistant experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience working in behavioral health setting preferred
- Excellent customer service and verbal skills in person and on phone; good writing and organizational skills.
- Advanced level of personal and professional organization
- Ability to manage time and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Advanced computer and keyboard proficiency using Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook) and the internet; working knowledge of WordPress desired
- Willingness to foster a strong sense of cooperation and integration among agency departments
- Ability to work as a team member as well as independently
- Advanced critical thinking skills
- Ability to maintain accurate records and necessary paperwork
- Ability to effectively interact with coworkers and clients with diverse backgrounds
- Must adhere to agency’s code of conduct and non-discrimination policies
COMPENSATION: Competitive hourly rate, and a comprehensive benefits package including: full medical and dental insurance; short-term disability insurance; generous paid vacation and PTO; access to EAP services; and 403(b) retirement plan.
TO APPLY: Please submit a cover letter explaining your interest in Quest Center, along with your resume and 2-3 references to email@example.com. In the subject line, reference “Clinical and Admin Support Specialist”.
We are unable to accept telephone inquiries regarding this position.
***Quest Center for Integrative Health is an equal opportunity employer. ***