Reports to: Acupuncture Coordinator
Status: Hourly, nonexempt
Location: QC – Clackamas; QC- Burnside; QC – Flanders
ABOUT QUEST CENTER FOR INTEGRATIVE HEALTH: Quest Center is a nonprofit healthcare clinic that provides multidisciplinary and integrative healthcare in a community-based setting to all people, regardless of income. We are licensed by the state of Oregon as a mental health and substance abuse program. We believe that people thrive when their physical, emotional, spiritual, and social needs are effectively met. To this aim, Quest Center offers a wide range of programs and services for individuals to draw from when creating their personalized treatment plan. Such services are offered in a manner that creates a functional community among our clients and sustains their continued healing from both physical and mental illness. All of our programs share the same philosophy, mission, and values, while honoring the diversity of its participants.
We work to assist our clients to sustain lifestyle changes that support healing, and to effectively strengthen those diagnosed with chronic or life-challenging illnesses, including HIV/AIDS, mental health disorders, chemical dependency, and pain. We are proud to be recognized for our service delivery to the LGBTQIA2S+ community.
ABOUT THE POSITION: As a Quest community acupuncturist, you will be responsible for providing trauma informed yet time efficient intakes and acupuncture treatments during our group clinic shifts. Group clinic shifts are staffed as needed based on the number of patients who sign up. You will be responsible for setting up group acupuncture shifts beforehand, cleaning up and breaking down acupuncture rooms afterwards and restocking supplies as needed. You will be responsible for prompt charting and billing for each acupuncture treatment. You will also be responsible for providing initial acupuncture assessments, which are individual appointments carried out for each patient before they attend group acupuncture. As the majority (or perhaps all) of your assessments will be with patients who are entering our WISH pain management program, you will be responsible for both the charting of the assessment as well as the creation of a “WISH Care Plan,” for which you will use a template and individualize for the patient.
FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
- Setting up acupuncture rooms before clinic shifts
- Cleaning up and breaking down acupuncture rooms after clinic shifts
- Restocking acupuncture supplies as needed after acupuncture clinic shifts
- Providing trauma informed yet time efficient intakes and acupuncture treatments
- Promptly charting and billing for acupuncture treatments
- Providing initial acupuncture assessments
- Creating WISH Care Plans
- Attending monthly acupuncture and Quest all staff meetings at Burnside location
- Maintaining presence and communication with the Quest staff via email
- Active license with OMB
- Ability and enthusiasm to provide intakes and treatments for at least4 patients per hour (or the ability to quickly develop these skills)
- Ability and enthusiasm to work with an acupuncture team in a mutually supportive and inclusive environment
- NADA certified preferred
COMPENSATION: Competitive hourly rate, depending on experience; pro-rated paid vacation and PTO based on FTE; access to EAP services; and 403(b) retirement plan
TO APPLY: Please submit a cover letter explaining your interest in Quest Center, along with your resume and 2-3 references to email@example.com . In the subject line, reference “Community Acupuncturist.”
We are unable to accept telephone inquiries regarding this position.
***Quest Center for Integrative Health is an equal opportunity employer***